Monday, May 20, 2013

POSITIVE - So far

So, Friday I got off work early and ran some errands. I went to get the oil changed in my car and while I was waiting I called Ashlea just to pass the time. In the process of our conversation she tells me that if I want to take a home pregnancy test that it is fine but just not to tell her if it was negative. I told her that I was not going to take one because if she didn't hear anything from me she would know it was negative and that would not be good, she would have a terrible weekend and the days would drag until out blood test.

Well, she gave me permission and I couldn't resist. I stopped and picked up a test on the way home and would take it first thing when I got up Saturday morning. I took the test and could not believe when I saw the faintest of a second line.Since I am such an early bird, I had several hours to decide what and when to tell Ashlea. My initial thought was to just stick with our original plan and let her come over on Wednesday morning and we would take a test together. I just wanted her to be involved in the knowing and I didn't want to just call her and tell her. Then I decided that it was better for her to know and not have to worry for four more days even if she did just hear it on the phone. So I called her ans we talked for a couple minutes and I told her that I had taken the test and that it was positive. She was convinced that I was lying to her and just playing a joke. Come on now, do you really think I would do that. So once I convinced her that it was not a joke and I was not lying she said Oh, OK. Just OH, OK. It took a few minutes for it to sink in that I was pregnant and she was going to be a Mommy.

I say positive so far because we have not had our blood test yet so we don't know our numbers. We will both feel more confident once we have the final numbers and they are doubling as they should but we have taken a test the last three days and all have been positive so I am going with definitely pregnant.

2 comments:

  1. Just checking in to see what your numbers were. Hoping for good news.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you for checking in. The numbers were great, I just posted. We are very excited!

      Delete