Wednesday, May 29, 2013

Good news quickly turned bad

Well, the good news quickly turned into bad news. As posted earlier, we received out beta on Friday and it was good, it almost tripled and we were so excited. I went to my brothers house on Sunday for a Memorial Day cookout and started bleeding. It wasn't very much at all and it stopped quickly. I was hoping everything would be OK but I called the doctor and they assured me that it could be a number of things and just go in for another beta on Tuesday since Monday was a holiday (why do things always happen on weekends and holidays).

I went in for my beta Tuesday morning, and it came back at 97 and I was told to stop all meds. Needless to say, we were devastated. We really did not expect that. I guess I am somewhat naive and I though once I was pregnant I was pregnant, that's how it always worked before. Ashlea says I don't think like an infertile person, she was excited but very reserved the whole time and I was on cloud 9, thinking that nothing could go wrong, we made it, we were pregnant.

We will both be fine, we will just pick ourselves up and dust ourselves off and move on. We will give it one more try but I have to wait about 2 months before we can try again. This waiting is for the birds, it took us months to get to this point just to start over and wait again. Life goes on I guess.

2 comments:

  1. Oh Lori I am so sad for you and your daughter. I understand how you fell, going through kind of the same with my daughters. Brenna was always on the reserved side too being the infertile person where i was super excited and more positive. My heart goes out to you and your daughter. We are going through similar things here. Girls have decided to wait till august and decided if they will try again. If so also just one more time. I have my positive vibes and are praying for both our situations. Our daughter WILL be a mother. If you ever just want to chat Im free. Yes life does go on its just hard.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Shannon. It's nice to have someone that understands from a mothers viewpoint.

      I really hope your girls decide to give it one more try. I really feel like it will be worth it. We are going to try again in August, maybe that will be the month for all of us! I am continuing to follow your daughters blogs and you are all in my prayers.

      Delete