Friday, April 26, 2013

No more hot flashes

Well, I started my meds  last Thursday so I have been on them for a week now. I started with the estrogen patches and last night was the first night that I have not woke up with hot flashes. I was waking up about 5 times a night and over the last week that has gradually been cutting back. Last night was the first night that I have not had any hot flashes in a long time. This is some good stuff. Who would think your natural hormones would make your life so much better.

I have my ultrasound next Thursday to check my lining, I am going to be positive and know that it will be fine. Shortly after the ultrasound I will start on the progesterone shots. I am a bit nervous about that but I assume everyone is when they first start. I just keep looking at it like, if all these other women can do it and it's not a big deal I can do it too.

It has been a crazy few weeks, my brother was in the hospital and that gave me such a scare. He went to the doctor one morning because he wasn't feeling well and they called an ambulance to take him to the hospital because they thought it might be his heart. Luckily his heart was fine, I am not so sure about mine because it almost gave me a heart attack. And then, my brother in laws mother passed away last night. She was such a sweet lady and is truly going to be missed.

No comments:

Post a Comment