Friday, April 19, 2013

The light at the end of the tunnel

I feel like we can finally see the light at the end of the tunnel. Even though we have only been working toward this for 4 months, it seem like a long time. We decided on January 1st that we were going to try this. Actually, Ashlea was given a cut off date and that was January 1st and she held out until the final hours to make a decision. I know this is really hard for her and it is drastic measures we are taking here.

We had our nursing class yesterday so I could learn how to give myself shots, we also received our prescriptions so I can get the meds. I also had to have an ultrasound to make sure that I was not going to ovulate, since I have only had one period in the last nine months they felt fairly certain that we would be safe there, but to be positive we did the ultrasound before starting meds.

Ashlea received a call from the doctors office yesterday before we went for our appointment and they had everything all lined up. It was nice to know going in that they were not going to send me for one more test and that we had finally started the race and are so close to the finish line. Because her doctor especially wanted to do the transfer, they arranged everything so he would be able to do that. That was more than fine with us because we wanted him to do it. For this plan to work, I had to start on the estrogen patches yesterday so the clinic let me borrow two until I can get mine in the mail.

I will go back in on May 2nd for an ultrasound to check my uterus lining. We will transfer on May 9 and that will be 2 frozen embryos. We should have our pregnancy test on or about May 23rd. I am so excited and can't wait to find out that I am pregnant and that Ashlea and Bill are going to be a Mommy and Daddy!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment