Tuesday, March 12, 2013

One Step Closer


We have had a lot going on the last few day and are a little closes to the big day. We are all so excited! First, we had our appointment with the High risk OB. He had to give us the go ahead before we could proceed and that went better than we had both anticipated. We met with him on Friday and he went over the normal questions, about my medical history and my previous pregnancies. He gave me a big A+ as far as health and my ability to safely carry a baby. He also said that he felt it might be OK to carry twins. All along we have been told that they would transfer two embryos but if they both take we would need to reduce. According to Dr. Brown, if both did take they would counsel us on the risk of carrying twins but it is not out of the question. Yeah! I would love to have twins. I think that would be totally awesome and you can't beat two for the price of one, right?

We left that appointment feeling great and as usual, we went to lunch so we could talk about all the the things he said. We decided to have lunch at the mall and celebrate with a little shopping. I don't know if I have mentioned that we live about an hour and a half apart, that is not that far but when we get together for these appointments we like to spend a little extra time together.

The second part of the good news. I had gone to my family doctor a few weeks ago to get a physical and all of the required blood test as well as the required EKG. I had to go back in yesterday to get the test results and all of those came back good. You will be pleased to know that I don't have AIDS or Hepatitis. The EKG came back normal so that was good. One of the main concerns with being pregnant at 50 is your heart. Evidently, being pregnant is very stressful on your heart (something you never think about at 25), but mine is good.

So far, everything is falling into place and going better than we ever thought it would. We have not met one obstacle so far. All we have left now if our Psych exams for the four of us and a saline ultrasound. We will have all of this done on April 1st. Almost there!!!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment